At this time the Tulane Financial Aid Office is reviewing completed 2019-2020 financial aid applications for returning full-time undergraduates. We anticipate that 2019-2020 award notifications for returning students will commence prior to June 30th.
As a reminder, if you are seeking consideration for Tulane need-based scholarship funding for the 2019-2020 academic year, you must complete/submit all of the following:
• 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• If selected for federal verification, a Federal Verification Worksheet and federal income tax documents
• Submission of any additional requested documentation if necessary (continue to check the "To Do List" in the Financial Aid section of Gibson Online)
• 2019-2020 College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile form for parents (in separation/divorce scenarios, have the non-custodial parent complete the 2019-2020 CSS Profile for non-custodial parents)
• Submit copies of parents’ 2017 federal income tax returns (including all schedules and W-2 forms)
On the other hand, if you are only seeking federal student aid, then only the first three bullets referenced above need to be completed.
Please feel free to contact our office: 504.865.5723 with any questions on the aid application process.
The U.S. Department of Education has announced the 2019-2020 Federal Pell Grant award schedule, which reflects slightly higher grant levels than exist for 2018-2019. All existing financial aid awards for 2019-2020 are being updated as warranted.
Tulane DOES NOT participate in the College Board’s (CSS) IDOC process. Therefore, the preferred submission of any required forms and documents (only in a PDF format and maximum size 2 MB) is by directly and securely uploading to our processing system using the new File Upload feature. For instructions on using this online tool view the following instructions PDF. Please include student identifying information on all documents and communications. We have recently learned that the maximum file that can be uploaded through the secure upload is 2MB. If you experience uploading issues, please verify that the file size does not exceed the 2MB limit. If it does exceed the 2MB limit, we ask that you pursue one of the following options: 1) Be sure that the document is in a pdf format 2) Mail the document through the USPS (see address below) 3) Fax the document (see FAX below) or 4) Email to FADOCS (see address below, but PLEASE - MUST be password protected, and so please remember to send the password in a separate email). If you have any questions, please let us know.
At this time, the State of Louisiana has not yet announced the 2019-2020 funding levels for the TOPS scholarship program, thus currently all 2019-2020 award notifications for Louisiana residents who are eligible TOPS scholars reflects the TOPS tuition award effective for the 2018-2019 academic year. Check this site for news updates on TOPS.